The project POLEN project is being developed by the Unit FCCN with the aim of responding to the needs of the scientific and teaching community in the area of Research Data Management (RDM). It also aims to promote the principles and practice of Open Science, ensuring the sharing and preservation of research data generated under publicly funded projects.
The project is based on 4 interlinked strands of action:
- Governance and policies, aiming at the definition of a strategy for IDM and the adoption of a policy on the management and sharing of data resulting from FCT-funded research.
- Services and infrastructureproviding the community with resources for effective research data management and sharing, including:
- Data Management Plan System - Now available;
- Research Data Repository Service - Under development.
- Communication, dissemination and training, promoting the adoption of FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable data) and Open Science principles. These activities also aim to disseminate the implemented services, provide information materials and promote training and capacity building activities.
- Alignment with relevant national and international initiatives in the area of IDM and Open Science.