The Scientific Computing Unit informs all institutions in the national scientific and higher education system that the period for submitting applications to host the 11th edition of the Conferences on Scientific Computing is now open.
The Days of Scientific Computing is a conference promoted by the Scientific Computing Unit and already recognised as the main annual meeting point for all those involved in the provision of advanced infrastructures and services for the higher education and research community. Connectivity, Computing, Collaboration, Knowledge and Security will be the main subjects of focus during the presentations, plenary sessions, work meetings and workshops that take place over the three days of the event.
Institutions that are interested in hosting the 11th edition of the Days of Scientific Computing should communicate their interest by September 5, 2019, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following elements:
- Name and brief characterization of the institution;
- Motivation to host the conference;
- Composition of the local organizing committee (2-3 members) which will be responsible for structuring, planning and organizing the conference in conjunction with the permanent organization FCCN;
- Characterization of the spaces considering that:
a) An auditorium with capacity for about 400 people is required;
b) Space(s) near the conference venue are necessary for coffee breaks and lunches, for the registration of participants;
c) It is desirable to have other rooms/auditoriums with capacity for about 70 to 100 people (to hold parallel sessions)
d) It is desirable to have 1 or 2 rooms pre/during/post event, with capacity for about 20 people, for secretariat and conference support;
It will still be necessary:
- Characterisation of the existing audio and video services indicating not only the main characteristics of the equipment available in each of the spaces but also the potential resources to operate them;
- Confirmation of availability to, together with the Scientific Computing Unit, ensure logistical activities - aspects related to registration and participant coffee-breaks ; suggestions for accommodation, travel and meals for guests; merchandising (briefcases/backpacks, lanyards and possibly other materials) and also promotional materials, publicity and signage as well as the relationship with potential supporters, suppliers and sponsors;
The FCCN unit will provide and manage the conference management platform and will monitor the entire process of organizing the event, always looking for the best solutions.