National Network for Advanced Computing
RNCA is intended to make advanced computing services available to the research, technology, innovation and industry communities.
The National Network for Advanced Computing seeks to aggregate national advanced computing resources, promoting cooperation between the various centres involved and developing national and international partnerships with other entities.
Who is it intended for?
Interested parties should apply for RNCA computing resources through the calls published on the FCT website. For questions about access or direct contracting of advanced computing services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply to RNCA:
- Higher education institutions, their institutes and R&D (Research and Development) units;
- State or international laboratories based in Portugal;
- Private non-profit institutions whose main purpose is to carry out R&D activities;
- Other public and private non-profit institutions that carry out or participate in scientific research activities;
- Undertakings of any kind and in any legal form
The RNCA was created in 2018 by the digital skills initiative INCoDe.2030, through the resolution of the Council of Ministers 26/2018. RNCA also integrates the Iberian Network of Advanced Computing - RICA, based on the creation of MAAC - Minho Advanced Computing Centre.
Partnerships and external links:
- BSC - Barcelona Supercomputing center
- RES - Spanish Supercomputing Network
- PRAEC - The Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe
- EuroHPC - The European High-Performance Computing Joint Undertaking
- TACC - Texas advanced computing center
The RNCA has the following operational centers:
- MACC - Minho Advanced Computing Center
- LCA - Laboratory for Advanced Computing of the University of Coimbra
- HPC-UE - High Performance Computing at the University of Évora
- INCD - National Advanced Computing Infrastructure
And a set of competence and visualisation centres to support Advanced Computing users in accessing HPC, HTC and Cloud resources in Portugal:
- VisLab - MACC
- CCVCA.UTAD - University of Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro
- CCVCA.UP - University of Porto
- CCVCA.UA - University of Aveiro
- 3CA-UBI - University of Beira Interior
- CCVCA.UL - University of Lisbon, Instituto Superior Técnico
- CCV.UALG - University of Algarve
For access to resources consult the RNCA Internal Regulations and Advanced Computing Projects Regulations.
Advanced Computing Project Call published here.