October celebrates Cybersecurity month, an initiative that aims to alert the community to the risks of lack of data protection or behavior that makes it easier to attack our digital assets.
Cybersecurity, also known as digital security, is the practice of protecting digital information, devices, and resources, including: personal information, accounts, files, photos, and even money.
FCCN will join this European initiative, coordinated by ENISA and the European Commission, which aims to raise awareness of cybersecurity in Europe.
In partnership with GÉANT, the "CSM22 - A Community of Cyber Heroes" campaign will be launched at the beginning of the month, which will focus on 4 main target groups during each week of October:
- Week 1 (starting October 3) - Decision makers
- Week 2 (starting October 10) - Cyber security professionals
- Week 3 (starting October 17) - Employees working from home
- Week 4 (starting October 24) - Students and researchers
The campaign also includes a program of four webinars that will be hosted by security experts from industry and the wider GÉANT community:
- October 6 2022 - 14:00-15:00 CEST
Prime Crime - ransomware has grown up, and we should too
Charl van der Walt (Orange Cyberdefense)
- October 13 2022 - 14:00-15:00 CEST
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for Universities and Research Institutions
Klaus Möller (DFN-CERT)
- October 20, 2022 - 16:00-17:00 CEST
To do or not to do: dangers of simulated phishing campaigns
Melanie Volkamer, SECUSO, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology | KIT
- October 27 2022 - 14:00-15:00 CEST
Strengthening security and privacy culture in Latin American NRENs
Emilio Nakamura (RNP)
FCCN and GÉANT invite the entire community to participate in this month and become stronger in protecting against cyber crime.